Vegetable Stuffed omelet

There’s an old adage: way to a man’s heart is through his stomach. But I’d say  food is the gateway to anyone’s heart.
If a man cooks for you and your family or do anything in the kitchen. How would you feel? 🙂 Happy isn’t it?
I can proudly say my husband loves to cook when he is in a mood. Isn’t this wonderful? It binds us as a family on an intimate level plus gives me rest and a change from my daily cooking.

When my husband made breakfast this morning, I asked if I can post his recipe on my blog. He  started acting like a chef and even took pictures for me.

There may be several way to assemble stuffed omelet, but the way my husband choose his veggies and chop them, that literally makes them melt in your mouth. My daughter in fact calls his omelet as ‘Dad’s stuffed omelet’. I won’t say anything more and present you with recipe of my husband’s stuffed omelet.

VEGETABLE STUFFED OMELET

Ingredients:
6 eggs
assorted vegetables( check the picture what he chose)
1 tsp finely chopped ginger
Tex Mex cheese
salt and pepper as per taste
1/2 tsp garam masala (optional)
1 tbsp chopped basil and cilantro
oil for cooking omelet

Method:

Chop all your vegetables. Season with salt and garam masala. Stir them lightly to mix. Set aside.

Break eggs in a bowl. Spice them with salt and pepper. Whisk the eggs until they are completely mixed.

Heat 1/2 tbsp oil in non stick pan. Turn the heat to medium low and pour half cup of beaten egg mixture. Spread it evenly with a spatula or by just tilting and rotating the pan.

As the eggs begin to set ( but still moist) spread veggies in the middle. Top with shredded Tex Mex cheese.

Using spatula fold the ends of the omelet, closing in the veggies and cheese. Slide omelet onto your plate and serve immediately with bread.

17 Comments

Tiffany November 2, 2011 (2:23 pm)

Hi Neetu! Yes, it is wonderful to have someone else do the cooking, I am very spoiled, my husband does most of the cooking! But I like to play around in the kitchen too…. sometimes it even tastes good! Your husbands omelet looks wonderful, lucky you too!

healthyfoodietravels November 2, 2011 (4:31 pm)

Looks super-tasty! I love it when my better half cooks (rare) or bakes (more common) for us, it just makes me extra happy!

Malti November 2, 2011 (5:39 pm)

Oh, I would be on seventh heaven. Looking forward for some more recipes of your husband.

Kalpana Sareesh November 2, 2011 (9:01 pm)

i can live with this..

Ann November 2, 2011 (9:07 pm)

Wow – your husband did a GREAT job with the omelet! My honey bunny can fry an egg, but that’s the extent of it! This looks absolutely delicious!

sangeeta November 2, 2011 (10:34 pm)

Such a neatly assembled omelet..looks like done by a practiced hand 🙂

Tina November 3, 2011 (12:43 am)

Bravo to the hubby, he does have some skills. Seeing that plate of fresh chopped veggies and knowing it is cooked inside, makes me wish I had that omelete in front of me now! Thanks for sharing.

Daksha November 3, 2011 (1:35 am)

Hi i’m first time here u have lovely space here. Nice recipe.

Jay November 3, 2011 (3:53 am)

sounds exquisitely delicious…wonderful preparation..;)
    Tasty Appetite

Balvinder ( Neetu) November 3, 2011 (6:41 am)

Yes, when my husband cooks he does it very neatly, that’s why I mentioned when he is in mood.
    This is surprising for me that I received so many comments for my husband’s recipe.

Sanyukta Gour(Bayes) November 3, 2011 (11:08 am)

First time here n loved my stay here…
    Liked ur step pics…amazing archieves…
    Following u and hope u do the same…omelet looks Mouthwatering…lucky u…
    sanyukta

Sook November 3, 2011 (2:38 pm)

I love omelet.. I love adding fresh vegetables like you. Yum!

easyfoodsmith November 4, 2011 (5:29 am)

Yummy looking breakfast! You are lucky to have the opportunity to enjoy breakfast made by your husband…my husband can’t cook to save his life!! 😀

Ruth November 4, 2011 (10:29 am)

That looks like a perfectly light evening meal! Yum!

Eri January 16, 2012 (11:23 am)

It looks lovely with all these vegetables!

• Vanilla Bean Crème Brulee – Simple Gluten Free Kitchen February 14, 2017 (6:29 am)

[…] Freeze the egg whites, they can be used for all sorts of things such as Sicilian cookie, souffle, omelette or frittata. Next, Preheat your oven to 300°F and boil a pot or kettle of water, that way you can […]

• An Easy Family Day Frittata – Simple Gluten Free Kitchen February 15, 2017 (8:21 pm)

[…] this household we are big egg eaters. French toast (sweet or savory),  omelete, egg croquettes, scrambled eggs, egg muffin, curry.  You name it we love it. Frittata is another […]